Obama Refinance Program Details..Do YOU Qualify?
* The owner is allowed to have only missed one payment in the past 6 months. That shouldn’t be too large of an obsticle for most owners to overcome……but….
* Owners who are underwater by more than 40% must get their lender to agree to forgive the negative equity. LENDERS must agree to do this. Lenders would have to get investors to agree to this forgiveness.
* Mid 500s credit score.
* No Jumbos. ‘Qualifying Loans’ only. Loans must be less than $725,000 (or there abouts). Remember, the max loan amount differs depending on where the home is located.
* The negative equity is STILL ON THE LOAN with this re-fi plan. Owners would get a lower payment but, still be underwater. When these owners go to sell and if they were still underwater they would have to sell as a short sale or lose the home through the foreclosure process. As long as owners are underwater there will never be a real housing recovery.
* This proposed plan is open for non-GSE backed loans. In other words, the banks would be dumping these less than stellar assets onto Fannie and Freddie..and, the tax payers. What was private debt becomes public debt.
* Congress has to sign off on this housing plan.
Blog Archive2017-01-02 11:10:21
Here's to a Wonderful 2017!
Top 5 Reasons You Should Not For Sale By Owner
Existing Home Sales Surge Through The Holidays
The Fed Raised Rates: What Does that Mean for Hous
Luxury Home Sales & the Impact of the Stock Market
Home Sale Up in Every Price Range over $100K
Beautiful Murray Home For Sale
Existing Home Sales Rose in October
Q3 Home Sales Report Salt Lake County
Lenders Step Up to Help VETS
Washington's Birthday - President's Day
High Tide for Area Second Home Investors?
Area Home Listings May Not Be on the MLS
Selling Your Home This Summer?
Mining Underlying Value in Utah Short Sales
Virtual Tours Separate Looky-loos from True Pro
Buying a Local Home is an Opportunity to Quiz the
Utah Real Estate Market Watchers Find Another Surp
ShirLee McGary Earns CRS Designation
Local Buyer Agent Boosts Short Sale Odds
Horse Property in Bluffdale Utah
Great for First Time Home Buyers or Investors
NAR Reports Investor Sales Jumped 65%
FOOLISH MONEY MISTAKES
January Case-Shiller Composite - 20
Click here to see ALL articles.